X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob Jepson
    Kudos to the dive team! Wow...if that isn't a testimonial to the need for an Avery floating Gun Case, I don't know what is.
    It sank

Comment

Man, that is sooo scary! Great post David! I am glad to hear everyone is ok...

Stay safe!

Comment

Glad to see everyone made it out ok. Some great advice too!

Comment

glad to hear everyone is ok

Comment

Originally posted by David Ortley
            Double D

I grew up hunting in Mankato and know the lake you were on. Quite a story! That life jacket is a pain but it may be the verythnig that saves you. Having watched my son go down I know I will always have mine on.

Ya David it will definatly make me approach the water in a much safer manner!! All I have to say is when your in 36 degree water for over a half hour.....well lets just say guys we know what happens!! haha Have to try and keep my humor through all of this haha!!

Comment

thank god everyone is safe

Comment

This was one of the scariest times out duck hunting Ive ever had. I was fortunate to have a another boat around to help me out. If they werent just a few 100 feet away Im not sure what would have happened. Thanks Dad!

Comment

Final Chapter- The Pole Is Recovered

Talk about committed!! Rich and Dusty continued to dive and today they recovered the Avery Push Pole that was lost when the boat capsized. Methodical searching paid off! Thanks guys!

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5959/richpoleve1.jpg

Rich surfaces with the pole

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9...chdustyyb0.jpg

Rich & Dusty

Comment

Thanks for the info, and glad to hear everyone is ok

Comment

Originally posted by Cody Frazier
                      If you don't panic, you can stay afloat in waders in the water.

This summer go jump in a pool or shallow water (with someone there to assist you if needed) and learn how to float with your waders on. It can be done and could save your life.

Might also help wash the smelly funk out of your waders from the previous season.
                      i never knew this, i figured if you fell out of a boat with waders you'd be a goner, i'm going to try this to see what happens, thanks.

Comment

yeah i might have to also try it.

Comment

Working...
                        X