X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSULATED WADERS

Need some advice on insulated waders. Been a insulated hip boot guy all my life, but am now considering purchasing a pair of insulated waders.Since I gun late in the season and on the coast of Maine, I need the benefit of a good warm wader. What other features would be benificial? What price range should I be looking at? Thanks for your help, guys.

The old waterfowler ............. from maine

"Even a blind squirrel can find a acorn once in a while"

Ernie B.

Welcome to the Avery message boards. I have been using neophrene waders from Cabela´s and they have served me well. I have been using the Ultimate Hunting Waders and you might want to take a look at the SuperMag.
    Here is their link:
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ainCatcat20712

Comment

Thrainn, Thanks for the information. I do have a Cabela's catalog, will follow your advice and review the waders you suggest.

Interesting that you live in Reykjavik, Iceland. My wife and I had a stop-over there when we flew to England a few years ago. Iceland is a beautiful area, and the airport complex was very comfortable and functional.

Thanks for the info .......the old waterfowler.

Comment

Go with the supermag's all the way. I love things they are puncture proof, I used them all season and they are as good as new, no leaks nothing, Before I had some hodgman's and I had several holes. They are worth 180 dollars because you will have these for several years, the boot design is also awsome.

Comment

I'm interested in the the supermags as well. How are they for the begining of the season? They look and feel to warm.

Comment

My wife gave me some of the Superamgs for Christmas. I didn't like them at first but I was going from 200 grams to 1600 grams. NO MORE COLD FEET ever I'll tell you that much. Other than they very comfortable. All my hunting partners were making fun of my big boots till their feet got cold then it was "that's what I'm getting next."

Comment

I own some Hodgman waders that are 5mm and have the same armor-flex, 1000gram boots, these are good for all season and extreme cold, i have had them for 2 years and haven't had a single problem!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X