X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing your double reed into a single

I'm buying a double reed call and I want to change it into a single. I was just going to take out one of the reeds but decided to ask around to make sure it is how you are suppose to do it. How do you change a double reed call into a single reed or the other way around?

I'm not an expert by any means but I've done this with two calls. The first was a GK Call Girl. That one was easy as it gets, just pulled the top reed off, reassembled, and viola, one kick ass call got even better (my second all time favorite duck call).

The other one I did this with was a LMC Stranglehold. That one wasn't nearly as easy as the stopper would not hold just one reed securely, so for that one I called LMC and spoke to George about it and I ended up sending it in so they could replace the rubber stopper with cork and tune it as a single reed. Still came back as a sweet call though, just wasn't as simple of a conversion.

So point being I guess is that it depends on the call from what I've experienced.

Comment

Yeah it really just depends on the call. Some will be an easy fix, some will need a new cork. I would just call whatever company the call is and ask, if you need new parts I'm sure you can just get them from them and hook it up. If you're not that experienced at tuning I would recommend getting a few sets in case you mess it up a few times. Otherwise, just send them the call and let em know how you want it and they'll hook it up for you I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
      X