X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Royal Blue Steel?

I am thinking about switching shells this year and came across a brand I have never heard of before. Rio Royal Blue Steel is the name. The 3 inch #4's are rated at 1500 fps. Has anyone tried these? The price is what is attractive. They are $10 a box or $100 for case.
    Thanks

From where? I have head of the Rio name but haven't tried any not in our stores.

Comment

My buddy had bought some, hasn't shot anything with them but the brass on them are really high up on them. Look cool but other than that I don't know anything about them.

Comment

i shot a couple thousand rounds of rio back in the day when i shot sporting clays league. never had an issue with them.

Comment

I shot a couple thousand rounds of rio for trap, and the only problem I had was sometime the powder would burn too slow and the ejecting shell would throw out flames by you face. Wally world has winchester steel shot at 10 bucks a box, its all I shoot for ducks

Comment

Here in NZ some hunters use a lot of the european brands including RIO simply because of the cost compared to the US brands.

RIO is OK ammo but If I could get Federal Rem Kent or winchester for the prices you US hunters can get it there in no way I would consider using anything else, I am happy to pay 50% more on Rem or Fed just to have reliable ammo.....you get what you pay for!!!

Comment

Working...
            X