X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poop Eating Teal!!

well not exactly but they eat poop and decoy like teal coming into a flooded strawberry patch...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...Pigeons001.jpg

oh and they getted banded alittle more frequently...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...Pigeons003.jpg

Solid work on what looked like a fun azzzzzz hunt!

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Band

Nice shoot and the band is cool we shoot a ton of those things down here every year during dove season.

Comment

We just shot a band identical to that yesterday and it read "AU 2010 CRF 390" just wondering who bands them and what it means?

Comment

Originally posted by dlk_1000 View Post
            We just shot a band identical to that yesterday and it read "AU 2010 CRF 390" just wondering who bands them and what it means?
            Well your bird was banded in 2010 by
            CROW RIVER FLYERS
            Club Code : CRF
            Club Secretary : ED HOFFMAN
            City : HUTCHINSON
            State : MN
            Phone No. : 320-587-9238
            Email Address : HOFFMANS@HUTCHTEL.NET

and the AU stands for American Racing Pigeon Union Inc...now it is illegal to knowingly hunt near their release sites, but how can they prove that.jkjk..

Comment

my only question is how the heck do they put those bands on? they are solid all the way around, no openings

Comment

You slip them on when they are 7 to 10 days old and they then will stay on for life. Can not race them unless they have a semless band. I used to race them when I was younger. They are not even in the same leauge as barn pigeons.

Comment

Hey greenheadgearboy, how did you find out what that means on those racing pigeon bands? I have one I killed in north Alabama a few years back. The info on the band is: IF 2005 FOYS 3390. Oh, and it's green if that means anything.

Comment

your band is from this dude
                    FOYS
                    Foy’s Pigeon Supplies
                    Jerry Gagne
                    3185 Bennetts Run Rd.
                    Beaver Falls, PA 15010
                    (724) 843-6889
                    Foyspigeon@zoominternet.net

if you shot it in Alabama that is a haul for a pigeon, i think most races are 200-500 miles???

basically you can whatever you need on this site http://www.pigeon.org/lostbirdinfo.htm

Comment

Cool man, thanks for the info! Yeah, I killed it in north Jackson County in Alabama, about 30 miles southwest of Chattanooga, TN. We saw him a few times on our dove field just before the season opened. The other wild pigeons that were using the field would attack him and run him off. I got lucky and killed him on our dove hunt.
                      Last edited by 2n1shot; 08-04-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Nice work, shooting pigeons is a great time!

Comment

Working...
                        X