X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Black Eagle 2 or Super Vinci??

I'm in need of a new shotgun, I've been shooting the super nova but this year I had nothing but problems with it. I was wanting a super black eagle but when I went into the local shop we got to talking bout the new super vinci. Same price, so I'm stuck on which I want.

Who's got what and whats the pros/cons of each?

Thanks

SBEII for me because I got it 2+ years ago (obviously the Super Vinci wasn't around then). Being left handed and not wanting shells ejecting across my face, it was my only option and I must say I'm extremely happy. If I were buying now, I'd certainly throw the Super Vinci in the mix. When you pay that much for a gun it behooves you to handle them both and see what you prefer. I am sure the SV is a great gun, but it doesn't have the proven track record like the SBEII does.....yet.

Comment

Easily it would be the SBE II for me. I've been shooting my SBE I for over ten years without ever having a problem of any kind and the SBE II is just my SBE I with some improvements to the barrel/choke system and some added recoil reduction. I love the look and feel of my SBE and the Super Vinci just goes to "out there" for me and my taste. Don't care for the look or feel of the gun, at all. Just don't feel like a Benelli to ME. Just my opinions though. I'm sure they are great guns, I honestly just can't stand to look at them...haha...and if I'm gonna pay that much for a gun, I better like EVERYTHING about it.

Comment

depends on how it feels when you shoulder it. personally, i dont like the way the vinci shoulders/feels.

Comment

SBE2 is proven. The Vinci is too. I have shot the 3" vinci and it is also a beast. I really like it. It will be my next gun. If your looking at an SBE2, check out the American series. It can be had at cabelas for like $1100...

Comment

Another for the SBE2

Comment

Vinci

Benelli is coming out with a Vinci that shoots 3.5 inch shells soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunahead View Post
                Benelli is coming out with a Vinci that shoots 3.5 inch shells soon.
                Thats what the Super Vinci is bud; lol

Comment

ive had a super nova 2 years, and it is one solid gun. i also like the fact it is a pump, i think they are more reliable than autoloaders. what kind of problems are you having with yours?

Comment

I've been real happy with my SBE11 and also with my M-2 and was real happy with all the Benellis Iv'e used at work since we started useing them in 1989. I like the simplicity of the vinci and would probably go that way if I were buying a new gun except for the fact that they are uglier than a row of dirty a--holes.

Comment

I hate my SBE II. It's given me nothing but problems. First, no matter what shim, choke or shell I have in it, it shoots 12-18 inches high. Also the paint is chipping even though I babyed it like crazy. Also one of the shims split right in half. I will admit it has never once jammed on me, but I hate it. I will never buy a Benelli piece of crap again.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowneckcollar View Post
                        I hate my SBE II. It's given me nothing but problems. First, no matter what shim, choke or shell I have in it, it shoots 12-18 inches high. Also the paint is chipping even though I babyed it like crazy. Also one of the shims split right in half. I will admit it has never once jammed on me, but I hate it. I will never buy a Benelli piece of crap again.
                        Not what I wanted to hear, since I would have to wait 10 months if I was to get super vinci. I have heard that a lot of guys like the SBE II, is it possible that yours is just a lemon?

Comment

Originally posted by NealinMO View Post
                          I'm in need of a new shotgun, I've been shooting the super nova but this year I had nothing but problems with it. I was wanting a super black eagle but when I went into the local shop we got to talking bout the new super vinci. Same price, so I'm stuck on which I want.

Who's got what and whats the pros/cons of each?

Thanks
                          SBE2 American. IMO, Comfortech is over rated, over priced.

$999

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=214592757

Or better yet. M2 American, But it Now of $799 but no reserve and no bids with auction ending in 2 hours.
                          http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=215085713
                          Last edited by G_Maxson; 02-07-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewschlueter View Post
                            Not what I wanted to hear, since I would have to wait 10 months if I was to get super vinci. I have heard that a lot of guys like the SBE II, is it possible that yours is just a lemon?
                            I bought it brand new in June. Yes, I do believe it is an exception to the rule, I know lots of guys that love their Benelli's, but that makes me no less mad. Also they have terrible customer support, it took me 2 weeks of calling every day to talk to a live person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-Ride View Post
                              ive had a super nova 2 years, and it is one solid gun. i also like the fact it is a pump, i think they are more reliable than autoloaders. what kind of problems are you having with yours?
                              I had alot of problems this year with it freezing and not cycling after the shot. I had to yank on the forend to get it to cycle and on several occasions it would lock up on the 2nd or 3rd shot and it wouldn't fire, eject and it was really tough to cycle the action even after pushing the release button by the trigger guard.

Comment

Working...
                              X