X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta ES100 Pintail

Looking at buying one of these.........Need some feed back as to how they stand up in the field!!!

Good gun for the price. The only bad thing I can say is the cycling spring is kind of weak so you might wanna think of putting a sure cycle in it. I 've had mine for two years, the first season I had some problems with the spring so the gun would jam every now and then, then this past season it must have broke in or maybe it was the new protec oil I started using because it was perfect last season.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I've got an older Pintail that I shoot pheasants with and haven't had a lick of trouble. However, my buddy has a newer one (3 years old) and I'm sure he would cut you a heck of a deal on it. It RARELY cycles, he has sent it back several times and they said they fixed it only to have it not cycle a half a box of shells later. I wouldn't mess around, I'd buy the best right off the bat and get a Benelli.

Comment

Unbelievable T!!!!

Comment

I'd go with a Remington 11-87, it will never fail.

Comment

IMO very good gun!!!! I shoot it for everything... mostly for ducks though, obviously. I pretty much only shoot 2 3/4" shells... don't need anything more than that most of the time. I do shoot some 3" too... mostly for geese. Keep it clean and it wil cycle whatever you put in it. Great combo to shoot 2 3/4" for 1st shot and 3" for last 2... can't go wrong with that.

Comment

Im with Vandemore. My uncle had one and he had lots of problems with his. It was always jamming, he broke a few firing pins, and the his trigger broke.

Comment

I have had mine since 2004 and can not say a bad thing about it. I have used it in just about every condition you could imagine and have never had a problem with it. It requires very low maintenance, which in my opinion, is very nice. Hope this helps...

Comment

what shells?

Originally posted by Mary Lutz View Post
                  Im with Vandemore. My uncle had one and he had lots of problems with his. It was always jamming, he broke a few firing pins, and the his trigger broke.
                  What shells was he shooting? As i stated earlier, i usually shoot 2 3/4" except when targeting geese, and even then i still shoot 2 3/4" 1 1/16 oz BB 1550 fps mostly Winchester Xperts or whatever i have. I must have just got a good one and your uncle must have got a terrible one... there is always a couple bad ones in there somewhere. I have found that they do have a break-in period that you have to clean it more often and shoot 2 3/4" mostly.
                  I would not trade mine for anything... except an SBEII... haha

Comment

I have had my beretta pintail for for 8 to 10 yrs now and I have nothing but good things to say. I use it duck, goose, turkey, and upland. And with a PM it is a very good gun. I shoot just has many geese has the boys with the 3 1/2. This gun has never let me down in any type of weather.
                    Last edited by Boisen5; 01-09-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Spot on!!

Originally posted by Boisen5 View Post
                      I have had my beretta pintail for for 8 to 10 yrs now and I have nothing but good things to say. I use it duck, goose, turkey, and upland. And with a PM it is a very good gun. I shoot just has many geese has the boys with the 3 1/2. This gun has never let me down in any type of weather.
                      Spot on!! Thats pretty much what i was thinkin!! Haven't shot turkey with it, yet!! I am runnin a PM as well... shoots great and is a tough all around gun... breaks in nice!! Good to hear that someone else is killin with the Pintail.

Comment

I've had mine for about 10 years and have not had any malfunctions. I do know a couple of guys who had them more recently and they did have some malfunctions. A little history on the Pintail, that gun is the original Benelli model SL80 from the 1980's. The Pintail model has one more part in it than the newer SBE's. I like mine as it is very close in feel to my older SBE so switching back and forth is not a problem. Most malfunctions may be due to the recoil spring since there is not much else to those guns being inertia operated.

Comment

I have one and it will cycle all the way every once in a while. Now it is starting to not go off when i pull the trigger. I bought a super nova around thanksgiving. Best thing i ever did!

Comment

I owned one for about a half season. Felt like a youth model or ladies gun to me. Too light and whippy, didnt swing nice or point nice IMO.

Comment

the few people that i know that have a beretta, only one likes it and he still has cycle problems now and then and has them more often in cold conditions. The others i know said they got a beretta because it was cheap and say that if they won't buy another beretta. Their next gun will be a Benelli.

Comment

Working...
                              X